- World’s largest beer company
- Achieve 99% fill rate on imports product launch (sales exceeded forecast by 300% in a flat industry)
OCI produced a sales calendar that visualized daily receipts and deliveries of product in each channel and region by volume. Daily Sales & Operations calls were instrumental to highlight changes in information and ensured that the same information was being used by sales, marketing, finance & supply.
The next challenge was to optimize logistics to meet the potential of the brand and Gemba Kaizen techniques were implemented. The staff of OCI traveled across the country at the point of connection to eliminate wasteful processes, resolve roadblocks using common-sense low-cost approaches and prioritize tasks. For instance:
- Scan & e-mail v/s postal mail to liquor boards for customs clearance
- Physical counts by blind receipts v/s end of day counts to confirm quantities to customs
- A dedicated Single Point Of Contact was identified at each of the liquor boards for issue resolution
- Carriers faxed shipping documents upon pick-up v/s delivery, enabling advance planning
- Lead times were reduced by 50%.
- Inventory was eliminated completely and sales exceeded forecast by >300% in a 6 month period, a $20MM increase in profitability.
- The sales calendar ensured that the organization was focused, understood the constraints and worked with one number.