- New York based Private Equity Fund with core activities in the micro brewing business
- Improve Customer Delivery Performance with constrained manufacturing output
A review of existing tools used to plan, schedule, dispatch and manage inventory from various manufacturing locations demonstrated inputs and outputs of each tools were not synchronized and linked together. Different departments were using their own set of data and Excel based tools to make decisions and the effect was increased inventory levels to buffer against the inefficiencies.
A Master Deployment Tool was built using advanced Excel modelling techniques to incorporate all the inputs and moving targets of the network such as:
- Production Schedule
- Customer Orders
- Transport & Warehousing Schedule
- Product shortages & swaps
The Tool also had the ability to be updated several times daily from the SAP system used by the customer using Excel based Macros. The Tool also optimized the inventory and built loads to maximize the warehousing and transportation requirements.
- Improved Customer Delivery Performance from 75% to 98%
- An increase in sales volume of 100,000 hls